Life's great adventure

"Adventure must start with running away from home." ~William Bolitho

I'm not sure that you must run away from home, but it does seem that all the great novels involve being somewhere away from your home. Maybe it has something to do with home theoretically being a safe place or because home is where you lead your every day life and adventure requires something out of the ordinary.

Whatever the reason, one must leave home at some point. And that's often the hard part. However, it's also the exciting part.

My brother and his wife recently decided to put their education on hold and start new in South Carolina. This is why my parents and I, along with our two dogs, are in a truck pulling a large covered trailer heading down I-26 with my grandmother, brother, and his wife and their dog following closely behind.

We're off to start their new adventure. And I will soon be starting mine in Knoxville.

Life's funny and full of adventure. All you have to do is open your eyes and mind and take a chance. If you don't believe me, try getting a puppy. That certainly makes things interesting.

Comments

Popular Posts